“IT Solutions in Transport and Logistics: China – Europe Cooperation”
The workshop aims at strengthening the scientific and technological cooperation and
collaboration among the European Union countries and China in the field of IT applications
and services for e-logistics. Open Web-portal for supporting business activities of cargo
owners and transportation companies (especially, operating along China – Europe freight
route) is presented.
Workshop target audience:
IT specialists, cargo owners, forwarding companies, logistics companies, shipping lines,
container terminals, rail and road carriers, transport agencies, education specialists.
Workshop major topics:
• Latvia in the 6th Information Society Technology Framework Programme of the European
Commission (Latvian National Contact Point).
• IST Priority in the 7th Framework Programme (European Commission).
• Web-based and Mobile Solutions with Logistics and Maritime Applications (Fraunhofer
Institute IFF, Germany).
• Possible ways of cooperation between China and Europe in e-logistics (Beijing HOPE
software company and China Harvest Development company, China).
• EU Regulations, International Standards and National Laws related to Ports and Transport
Logistics (Maritime & Supply Chain Management Solutions (Europe) Ltd., U.K.).
• Education & Training in Transport and Logistics (Warsaw University of Technology,
• Presentation of a Web-portal for Transport Services Consumers: Cargo Owners and
• Presentation of project’s proceedings and multi-media CD.