In the framework of IST4Balt project activities Information Dissemination Center (IDC) has been developed in Latvia at the beginning of the project.
Main activities of the Latvian IDC are:
The basis of this IDCs system was launched under "Open Latvia", Latvia, INFOBALT, Lithuania, and Inforing AS, Estonia, by TELEBALT project (IST-2001-33041).
Latvian IDC at RTU will concentrate on the Strategic Objective 220.127.116.11 Open development platforms for software and services and will also deal with telematic for tourism included in the Strategic Objective 18.104.22.168 Cross-media content for leisure and entertainment. This mean that we will provide different information connected with IST 6th framework programme for our visitors but strategic objective 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 will be our focus point.
- articles in local newspapers and magazines
- press realises
- participation in different seminars, workshops, conferences
- organisation of information days in IDC, every month (last Wednesday of the month)
- information distribution through different channels - NCP, Foreign affair department at RTU central house etc.
- information distribution through electronically channels - e-mails,
web sites, banners.
Consultation (face to face and virtual)
- how to write proposals - context and financial part;
- how to find partners;
- how to find right strategical objective;
- how to find calls etc.
Organizing of seminars, workshops
- organising of seminars in Riga for people who already are involved in
EC IST activities in frame to inform about novelties;
- organising of seminars in Riga for people who are not involved in
EC IST activities but who have interest about EC IST 6th FP;
- providing face-to-face and virtual consulting for all interested people in
the region who seek for EU partners to prepare a joint proposal to IST;
- Discussion section (http://www.balticit.com/ist4balt/phorum/list.php?4)
has been created in frame to find out what is the main questions which
people would like to know and learn about EC IST 6th FP.
- Suggestion section (http://www.balticit.com/ist4balt/suggestions.php)
has been created in frame to find out what we have to change in our
web site, trainings or works of IDC.
- Special section with different subdivisions for IDC in IST4Balt Web site
has been created (http://www.balticit.com/ist4balt/idc.php)