"Towards an Information Society in the Baltic States"
April 18, 2007, Riga, Latvia
Workshop "Towards an Information Society in the Baltic States" is organised by Riga Technical university in frame of the project IST4Balt (Information Society Technologies promotion in Baltic States) funded by Information Society Programme of the European Commission and in cooperation with Earth Data Network for Education and Scientific Exchange (EDNES, France) and Latvian Information Technology and Telecommunications Association (LIKTA, Latvia).
The workshop aims at strengthening the scientific and technological cooperation and collaboration among the European Union countries in field of IT applications and services for the mobile users and workers, open development platforms for software and services, e-Learning, e-Logistics, e-Inclusion, Intelligent ICT and cross-media content for leisure and entertainment. The latest IT trends will be discussed at the workshop.
One of the main goals of the workshop is to increase awareness about the 7th Framework Programme of the European Commission (FP7), by lesson learned from the participation of Baltic States in previous IST programmes, and therefore workshop aims at stimulating wider participation of Baltic States in FP7. The workshop will assist the EU in becoming "the most competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy in the world", by making the best use of available public funding and especially EU IST funding.
All projects, companies and organisations involved in IT in Latvia and other countries are encourage to participate in the IST4Balt workshop "Towards an Information Society in the Baltic States".
Target groups of the IST4Balt Workshop are:
- ICT specialists: developers, vendors, service providers, consultants, managers, etc.;
- Governmental representatives;
- Private sector representatives (SMSs, etc.) from business and industrial sector from Latvia and other countries;
- IST and other project participants;
- Public/Private Research Institute/University representatives: professors, researchers, higher education students, etc.;
- Potential users.
Benefits of Participation:
- Keep up with all the major issues, latest developments and trends in ICT area
- Information about European Commission activities (FP7), funding opportunities, collaboration and R&D programmes
- New opportunities for international business cooperation and research
- Meet with and listen to the opinions and experiences of acknowledged experts in ICT field and representatives from European Commission
- Develop new contacts, renew old ones and exchange information and experience
- Find partners for new projects from all around the world
IST4Balt workshop is held as a part of Baltic IT&T 2007 Forum
and the 11th International Conference "Information Technologies and Telecommunications in the Baltic Sea and CEE Region"
. It is one of the largest and most significant IT&T events in the Baltic Sea Region, bringing together senior government representatives, experts from European Commission and international organisations, as well as top level executives from the world's leading IT&T companies and other business sectors. The motto of the forum is "Building Effective Partnership Networks". The major objective is to establish and promote effective partnerships among the public and the private sectors, associations and other IT&T industry related organisations in the Baltic Sea region. For more information about Baltic IT&T 2007 visit the eBaltics web-site.
Registration for the IST4Balt Workshop
is free and includes workshop materials,coffee breaks and lunch. Register now on the Online Registration form.
Please note that the number of places are limited and so early registration is recommended!
For more information contact:
IST4Balt Project Manager
Riga Technical University
Phone: +371 7089096
Fax: +371 7089096